- individual counselling for a range of issues to adolescents, 16 and older, and adults of every age
- counselling sessions via phone or secure video counselling, making treatment more accessible to clients regardless of location
- psychotherapy for eating disorders or disordered eating, with or without concurrent problems such as substance issues or compulsive exercise
- counselling for mild to moderate drug and alcohol misuse, depression, anxiety and compulsive behaviours, AIDS/HIV related issues, cultural reintegration (e.g., after overseas volunteering or posting), transitional issues, family estate conflict, work harassment, relationship concerns, and other issues that may negatively affect an individual’s day to day functioning or enjoyment of life
- family and couple therapy as an adjunct to individual counselling
- information, consultations and/or counselling for family members and partners of someone with an eating disorder
- educational presentations and workshops pertaining to eating disorders
My office hours are from 9:30 am until 5 pm, Monday through Thursday. I generally keep Fridays for meetings, consultations, professional development and emergency sessions.
While I see clients up to three times a week, I generally request that new clients commit to at least one weekly session. I book 90 minutes for the initial session but following that, sessions are 50+ minutes in length.
As many individuals are concerned about their privacy, I book my sessions with enough time in between to avoid clients running into each other.
If you feel ready to take the next step and to book a free 15 minute phone consultation with me, please send me an email with a brief synopsis of your concerns to CynthiaJohnston@bell.net or contact me at 416-922-3311.
Free 15 minute phone consultation. Please email me at CynthiaJohnston@bell.net or phone me at 416-922-3311 to arrange a consultation appointment.
Individual sessions are $175 inclusive (50+ minutes) to be paid promptly after each session by cash, cheque, internet bank transfer or Pay Pal.
The initial individual intake and assessment session (90 minutes) is $262.50 inclusive.
Couples and family sessions are $200.00 inclusive (per 50 minutes).
Benefit plans generally offer full or partial reimbursement for my psychotherapy services. Depending on your plan, my services may be covered as an RSW Psychotherapist (Registered Social Worker), or as an RCC (Registered Clinical Counsellor). Note that coverage for a psychotherapist, clinical counsellor or social worker may not be specifically listed under your benefit plan but in fact may be part of your plan.
If coverage is a deal breaker, please be sure to consult with your insurance company about my credentials before a phone consultation to discuss if and how much coverage your benefit plan provides.
Advise your insurance company that I am a registered member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (Registered Social Worker #825039) as well as a member of the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (Registered Clinical Counsellor #2305).