- individual counselling for a range of issues to adolescents, 16 and older, and adults of every age
- counselling sessions via phone, Skype and FaceTime, making treatment more accessible to clients regardless of location
- psychotherapy for eating disorders or disordered eating, with or without concurrent problems such as substance issues or compulsive exercise
- counselling for mild to moderate drug and alcohol misuse, depression, anxiety and compulsive behaviours, AIDS/HIV related issues, cultural reintegration (e.g., after overseas volunteering or posting), transitional issues, family estate conflict, work harassment, relationship concerns, and other issues that may negatively affect an individual’s day to day functioning or enjoyment of life
- family and couple therapy as an adjunct to individual counselling
- information, consultations and/or counselling for family members and partners of someone with an eating disorder
- educational presentations and workshops pertaining to eating disorders
My office hours are from 8 am until 5 pm, Monday through Thursday. I generally keep Fridays for consultations, assessments, professional development and emergency sessions.
As many individuals are concerned about their privacy, I book my sessions with enough time in between to avoid clients running into each other.
If you feel ready to take the next step and to book a free 15 minute phone consultation with me, please contact me at 416-922-3311 or send me an email at CynthiaJohnston@bell.net
Free 15 minute phone consultation. Please email me at CynthiaJohnston@bell.net or phone me at 416-922-3311 to arrange a consultation appointment.
Individual sessions are $150 inclusive (50 minutes) to be paid after each session by cash, cheque, internet bank transfer or Pay Pal.
Couples and family sessions are $175 inclusive (per 50 minutes).
Benefit plans frequently offer full or partial reimbursement for my psychotherapy services. Note that coverage for a clinical counsellor or social worker may not be specifically listed under your benefit plan but in fact may be part of your plan. Consult with your insurance company to discuss if and how much coverage your benefit plan provides.
Advise your insurance company that I am a registered member of the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (Registered Clinical Counsellor #2305), as well as a member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (Registered Social Worker #825039).